I am a huge fan of lasagna. My normal way takes me hours upon hours to make and is usually reserved for the cold weather months when it’s okay to heat up the kitchen for that long. It’s delicious and is definitely worth the effort. However, in the summertime when it’s blistering hot outside I’m not a fan of heating up my kitchen for that long. During the summertime, in comes Lasagna Cups! It’s a shortcut that cures my lasagna cravings. This version is vegetarian, uses ONLY THREE ingredients and takes less than 20 minutes to make! If you’d like to make your own tomato sauce I have a fantastic quick BASIC TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE HERE. It’s what I used as the sauce portion for my lasagna cups.
Feel free to add what you like to your lasagna cups. This is also a great recipe to get the kids involved in cooking. Each one can add their own toppings in. You could try: Sausage, Meat Sauce, Mushrooms, Spinach, etc. etc.
What you’ll need:
egg roll wrappers
mozzarella cheese – shredded
What to do:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Spray a muffin/cupcake tin with cooking spray. To assemble: Place an egg roll wrapper into each space. Spoon in approximately 1 tablespoon of tomato sauce. Top with mozzarella cheese. Continue until all are assembled.
3. Carefully fold the excess egg roll wrapper over itself to seal. Continue until all are sealed.
4. Spread a small amount of tomato sauce onto the tops of each lasagna cup. Top with a small amount of mozzarella cheese.
5. Bake for approximately 15-20 minutes OR until egg roll wrappers are cooked through and cheese has melted.