Mac and cheese will always be one of our most beloved comfort foods and we are bringing you a new way to experience its rich, cheesy goodness. This Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Mac and Cheese dish — stuffed with bacon, green onions, cheddar cheese, and macaroni pasta — will add a new flavorful spice, while still bringing back those childhood memories. Topped with Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, this recipe is a satisfying balance of soft and crunchy textures that will leave you wanting more.
Flamin’ Hot Cheeto Mac and Cheese
Makes: 6 servings
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for boiling water
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni pasta, cooked
- 1 pound bacon
- 1/3 cup flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup green onions, diced
- 1 cup Flamin’ Hot Cheetos, crushed
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Bring 3 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot. Cook macaroni pasta for 6-8 minutes, or until al dente. Remove from heat, drain pasta, and set aside.
- In a large sauté pan, cook bacon until crispy and all of the fat has been rendered. Remove bacon from pan and place on paper towel-lined plates to drain. Once cool, crumble. Remove about half of the rendered fat from the pan.
- Whisk in flour and cook for an additional 2 minutes, or until the flour and fat are combined. Whisk in milk and bring the mixture to a simmer. Add in cheese, salt, pepper, and green onions. Continue cooking until cheese has melted. Add crumbled bacon and macaroni. Mix to coat.
- Crush Cheetos in bag.
- Plate mac and cheese, then top with crushed Cheetos. Yummo!