Looking for a quick snack or dinner idea that kids will love? This kid-friendly food hack makes a warm, hot serving of pizza possible in less than five minutes. No need to turn on your oven or call the delivery guy — with a few simple ingredients, you can make Waffle Pizza tonight!
Here’s what you’ll need: a can of biscuits, pizza sauce, cheese, mini pepperoni, and a waffle iron. Make sure to use pizza sauce or sundried tomato sauce, as spaghetti sauce is too thin and will seep out the edges as your pizza cooks.
Now let’s get started:
1. Take a piece of pre-cut biscuit dough and stretch it out into a 4- or 5-inch diameter circle.
2. Place on a heated waffle iron, and top with a small amount of pizza sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Don’t overload your dough with ingredients or you’ll end up with a sloppy mess!
3. Place another piece of stretched dough on top of your first piece, sealing the edges with your fingers.
4. Close the top on your waffle iron and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the dough is golden brown.
5. Remove the pizza from your waffle iron and slice into four wedges.
It’s time to call in the troops and let ’em get their waffle on! If your kids love this recipe as much as mine do, they’ll think these yummy pizzas are “sooo totally awesome!”