Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
Your little ones will love this beautiful and nutritious rainbow recipe. Each roll uses rice paper to bundle a delicious combination of coconut rice and sliced fruits together. Dunk the Fruit Rainbow Rolls into a Greek yogurt and honey dip, and you have the perfect mid-day snack or after-dinner treat!
Fruit Rainbow Rolls
Coconut Rice Ingredients
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked sushi rice (or other short-grain rice)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light coconut milk
Fruit Roll Ingredients
- 1 1/2 cups coconut rice (recipe above)
- 8 round (6-inch) rice papers
- 1 mango, pitted and sliced into 1/2-inch strips
- 1/4 cup raspberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 kiwis, peeled, halved, and sliced into half moons 1/4-inch thick
- 2 plums, pitted and julienned
- 2 strawberries, stemmed and sliced
- 1/4 cup blueberries
- 1 peach, pitted and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- Bring rice and water to a boil in a saucepan, reduce to a simmer, cover, and cook for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and gently fluff by folding in brown sugar and coconut milk. Allow to cool slightly.
- Wet hands and form 8 golf ball-sized rice balls. Then set aside.
- Pour warm water in a shallow dish and begin to rehydrate rice papers, one at a time, by dipping papers into the water until all are pliable (about 2-3 seconds).
- Place rice balls onto rice paper and arrange fruits over rice, as desired.
- To close, fold the edge near you up over the fruit, followed by the left and right edges. Tightly roll away from you, using a touch of water to seal, if needed.
- Dampen a towel to cover the spring rolls as you build each, so they don’t dry out and crack.
Honey Yogurt Dip
- 1 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon pure honey
- Mix both ingredients together in a bowl and chill until ready to serve.
The Mickey Check is a quick and easy way for families to identify healthier food options in stores, online, on-air, at Disney theme parks, and other places where Disney products are sold. Click here for more Mickey Check recipes.More On