Funfetti Banana BreadBrooke McLay
My daughter begged me to buy 27 bananas. She insisted every student in their classroom would want a full banana for the Valentine’s Day Banana Split Party, and though I was dubious, I spent $7 on a bag full of 27 bananas to appease her generous heart. Two bananas later, I returned home post-party and realized it was time to make banana bread. Lots of it. And quick. So, I pulled two boxes of Funfetti cake mix from the pantry, popped the equivalent of about 12 bananas into our stand mixer and baked up three large, perfect loaves of the most insane banana bread ever. For reals. This is the best banana bread I’ve ever had. It was absurdly simple to make, and the kids were all smiles and posies this morning over having sprinkles baked right into their slices.
Funfetti Banana Bread
Makes: 3 large loaves
- 2 (18.25 oz) boxes Funfetti cake mix
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut or canola oil, melted
- 12 very ripe bananas
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl blend together the cake mix, eggs, oil, and bananas in a stand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Pour batter into three 5.25 x 9 x 2.75 loaf pans which have been sprayed with nonstick baking spray (the sort with flour added).
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes, then remove from the pan and allow to cool completely.