Getting Stacked: The Best Pecan Cherry PancakesNicole Presley
It’s weird where people pull inspiration from, me included. Let me confess something… Sunday night is my TV night. I watch all the shows on Bravo (Yes, I’m a housewives junkie) and then I finish my night with Dexter on Showtime. I love the opening sequence where they use breakfast food and make it look like a murder scene. As I was watching this past Sunday night, I thought “it’s clever of them to use blood oranges, but why didn’t they use cherries?” Then my mind floated away into breakfast ideas using cherries. This is my first cherry breakfast since then, I actually made it Tuesday morning…. Pecan Cherry Pancakes ala Dexter!
Pecan Cherry Pancakes 1 of 8
I can practically bite my screen... I may have to make these pancakes again tomorrow.
1/4 Cup 2 of 8
Lightly butter pan and pour 1/4 cup of batter into the hot pan.
Cherry Stains 3 of 8
You know where in the inspiration for this photo came from.... Cherry juice stains and chopped pecans.
Cherry Bombs 4 of 8
Drop cherry halves into the pancake.
Sprinkle With Pecans 5 of 8
The pecans add such a delicious crunch, you'll want to eat this hotcakes as many times as possible.
A Piece Of Art 6 of 8
So pretty almost looks like a piece of art. Fluttering butterflies in the snow or Wild flowers in December or California Summer or 3 hearts that beat as one? What does it remind you of?
Flipped 7 of 8
Perfect on this side. Let it cook for another 3 to 4 minutes.
Getting Stacked 8 of 8
One pancake is too lonely.... start building your stack!
Ingredients For Pecan Cherry Pancakes:
- 1 1/2 – cups flour
- 2 – teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 – teaspoon salt
- 2 1/2 – tablespoons sugar
- 2 – eggs
- 1 1/2 – cups buttermilk
- 1 – cup milk
- 3 1/2 – tablespoons butter (melted and cooled)
- 1/2 – teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 – cup chopped pecans
- 15 – cherries (pitted and cut in half) (I use Melissa’s Produce)
- butter or nonstick spray
- maple syrup
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Give it a good whisk.
- In a separate bowl combine eggs, buttermilk, milk, butter, and vanilla, then mix really well.
- Then add the flour mixture to the milk mixture. Mix together until combined. You don’t want your mixture to be perfectly smooth. Leave some lumps in there.
- In a large frying pan lightly brush with melted butter or mist with a non stick cooking spray and place over a medium flame. Allow pan to get hot then take 1/4 cup of batter and pour into pan…. the batter will spread slightly then top with a 3 cherry halves and a pinch of pecans.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until the batter starts to have little holes in it. Some will even pop.
- Flip pancake and cook on the other side for 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from flame and spread butter on top and drizzle with syrup.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.