Ginger Peach MargaritaNicole Presley
It’s no secret that I favor anything ginger, and for some reason I have been smitten with peaches lately too. Maybe it’s because they are so juicy sweet…. Either way I was about to start a batch of margaritas yesterday as a way to celebrate my Sunday and was craving the spicy taste of ginger. Then without much more thought, I knew I would pair it with peach. I rimmed the edges of the glasses with sugar and tajin for a sweet spicy booster. The margarita was so delicious that my fiance (who is not a ginger fan at all) drank a whole pitcher and said it was one of the best he’s ever had. Enjoy!
Ginger Peach Margaritas 1 of 6
These margaritas are perfectly fresh and zesty. Sweet and spicy never mixed so well before this tequila creation.
Ingredients 2 of 6
What you'll need.
Sugar, Tajin, And Lime Juice 3 of 6
First dip the rim of the glass into the lime juice.
Sugar Tajin Rimmed Glass 4 of 6
Then dip lime juice rimmed glass in sugar tajin mixture.
Ginger, Peach, And Ice 5 of 6
Add the ginger water, peaches, ginger, and ice to a blender.
Tequila 6 of 6
Pour in the tequila. Blend on high until thick and smooth!
Ingredients for Ginger Peach Margarita:
- 1 – piece of fresh ginger (about the size of your hand) (peeled and chopped)
- 4 – cups water
- 3/4 – cup honey
- 4 – peaches (pit removed and sliced)
- 8 – cups ice
- 1 – cup tequila
- 2 – tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 – tablespoons sugar
- 1 – tablespoon tajin
- Peel and chop ginger.
- In a medium sauce pan over a medium – high flame add water and ginger, and allow to come to a boil. Let boil for 10 minutes, then remove from flame and add in half of the peaches to the hot water, and allow ginger pieces/peaches to steep in water for 1 hour.
- Add honey to ginger water. Mix to fully incorporate.
- Remove half of the ginger pieces.
- In a blender add ginger water, all peaches, ice and tequila. Blend until thick and smooth. This may have to be done in two batches. Add more ice for a thicker margarita, add less ice for a more slushy margarita.
- Add lime juice to a shallow rimmed plate and dip the edges of the glass rim into lime juice.
- Then on another plate add sugar and tajin and mix to combine.
- Dip the lime juiced rimmed glass into the sugar tajin mixture, then pour in your margarita! YUM!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.