There’s something so comforting about bread pudding. The warm, ooey gooey texture and sweet cinnamon flavor have us falling in love with it every single time. This season, we’re bringing you a holiday twist to this beloved recipe using gingerbread men! Combine these cookies with ingredients from your kitchen, topped with a cream cheese glaze, for a delicious Gingerbread Man Pudding. Enjoy this simple recipe snuggled up at home with your loved ones for a feeling of Christmas joy unlike no other.
Gingerbread Man Pudding
Makes: 8 servings
- 3 cups leftover bread, torn into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups gingerbread men, broken up
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Heat oven to 350 F.
- Combine bread and cookies in a large bowl.
- Combine milk and butter in a saucepan. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted for about 5 minutes.
- Pour milk mixture over bread. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Combine remaining pudding ingredients in a small bowl and add to bread mixture, then stir.
- Pour into greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until set in center.
Cream Cheese Glaze
Makes: 12 servings
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients and heat mixture in microwave for about 15 seconds until thin. Mix together.
- Drizzle half the cream cheese glaze on the finished bread pudding.
- Allow bread pudding to cool for 30 minutes, then drizzle with remaining glaze.