While taking order the other day with my little Brownie Girl Scout, I called a friend and asked her if she wanted to be added to the order. “Well, that depends. Do they have Thanks-A-Lot on the menu? They are our all-time favorite.” Sure enough, here in Colorado, Thanks-A-Lot Chocolate Dipped Shortbread cookies aren’t available. Because the Girl Scouts hire local bakeries to fill orders for each area of the United States, not all of the cookie flavors are available in all areas.
Whether you love Thanks-A-Lot Girl Scout cookies, can’t find them, or have never tasted them, we’ve put together a perfect copycat recipe that is out-of-this world. Two orders for me, please.
Thanks-A-Lot Chocolate Dipped Shortbread Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dark chocolate
- In a stand mixer, cream butter. Slowly add the remaining ingredients until a dough forms.
- Press the dough together into a large ball, then roll it out on a lightly floured surface until 1/4″ thick. Cut with a small, round cookie cutter.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 375 degrees for 12-14 minutes.
- For the Chocolate-Dipped Bottoms, melt 1 cup high quality dark chocolate in the microwave for 30 seconds. Stir and microwave again for 30 seconds, stir again. Continue doing this JUST until the chocolate is melted. Be careful to not overheat the chocolate.
- Dip the bottom half of the cookies in the chocolate coating. Transfer to a piece of parchment paper until cooled and hardened. Serve and enjoy!