Goblin’s Grub, a Healthy and Fun Halloween Snack!Jane Maynard
Looking for a fun and healthy snack that will scare the socks right off your kids’ cute little feet? Look no further, goblin’s grub is for you! Mwah-ha-ha!
I don’t know if you are aware, but goblins really like to eat bugs. Bugs are small, making it easy for those tiny goblin fingers to handle, and bugs are packed with protein, giving goblins the strength they need for all their evildoings. Goblin’s grub is a favorite snack among younger goblins and is easy for moms (of the human or goblin variety) to throw together. This simple snack is filled with calcium, protein and a serving of fruit, and all of the grotesque ingredients come together to make something surprisingly tasty!
The ghastly ingredients:
- 1/2 cup grubs (a.k.a. cottage cheese)
- 4 ounces orange assassin bugs and white flies (a.k.a. Del Monte diced mango and pineapple 4-ounce snack cup)
- 1/4 teaspoon swamp water (a.k.a. vanilla extract)
Optional ghoulish toppings:
- Beetles (a.k.a. blackberries)
- Chopped chiggers (a.k.a. chopped maraschino cherries)
- Any other disgusting ingredients you dare to dream up!
Drain off most of the juice from the assassin bugs and white flies, leaving a few teaspoons in the cup with the ‘bugs.’ Mix together grubs, swamp water and assassin bugs and white flies along with their leftover juice. Sprinkle grubs with any optional toppings if desired and enjoy!
Serves 2 cute little goblins.