Green Eggs and Ham: A Dr. Seuss BreakfastNicole Presley
I looked around my kitchen this morning and found that it was a complete disaster. Dishes piled high in the sink for me to wash and crumbs were all over the counter. I had had a dinner party the night before, and I always follow the advice of my great grandmother: “The dishes can wait till tomorrow; they will still be there, but your guests won’t.” As I slipped my hands into a pair of rubber yellow gloves to wash the dishes, I wished The Cat In The Hat would come and clean up this mess in a matter of minutes. That would have been grand, but since he did not, I enjoyed a plate of Green Eggs and Ham. I did have one little trick up my sleeve–I made these eggs green with a delicious spicy sauce that you wouldn’t believe.
Ingredients for Green Eggs and Ham:
- 1 – jalapeno
- 1 1/2 – cups cilantro (washed)
- 2 – garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1- teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 – teaspoon black pepper
- a pinch of ground mustard
- 1/2 – cup water
- 1 – english muffin (toasted)
- 1 – ham steak
- 2 – eggs
- In a small frying pan over a medium high flame add jalapeno and char skin of chile for about 10 minutes. Then remove from flame and slice off stem.
- Add jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, sea salt, pepper, ground mustard, and water to a blender. Blend on high for 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth. Set to the side.
- Toast english muffin. Set to the side.
- Cook ham steak on a grill to warm for about 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Fry up two eggs sunny side up.
- Top toast with eggs, then pour cilantro sauce over the top.
- Serve with ham, and ENJOY!
Ingredients 1 of 5
Jalapeno 2 of 5Heat chile in a pan to char the skin.
Charred Jalapeno 3 of 5Once skin is charred remove from pan and slice off stem.
Jalapeno and Cilantro in the blender. 4 of 5Add cilantro, jalapeno, garlic, spices and water to blender. Blend till smooth.
Cilantro Sauce 5 of 5Once cilantro sauce is smooth, pour into a small bowl to spoon over the eggs.