What’s the ultimate comfort food? For us it’s the food of our childhood, an ooey gooey grilled cheese. Now as we introduce the classic comfort food to our own kids, we wanted to add a little twist with these fun and easy Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups. They’re perfect for dipping into warm tomato soup or your child’s favorite sauce.
Grilled Cheese Roll-Ups
- 8 slices white bread
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- Tomato soup (optional)
- Trim the crust from each slice of bread. Roll slices out to about 1/8 inch thick with a rolling pin.
- Sprinkle cheese on each, then roll tightly.
- Melt butter in a shallow bowl in the microwave. Dip one roll at a time.
- Sauté rolls on a pan for about 1-2 minutes, rotating constantly so they cook evenly until bread is golden brown.
- Enjoy with tomato soup, ketchup, or on their own!