Now that the “grilling months” have arrived you’ll surely be swooning over most any type of grill mark-ed food you can find. Grilled eats are the highlight of summertime for many summer-lovin’ folks. But when it comes to grilled desserts, you may only think about delicious grilled fruits like pineapple, peaches and mango. Well here’s an easy grilling recipe to stash in your grilling apron. It’s an easy Grilled Chocolate and Fruit Panini…
This recipe is just as easy as say, a smores. But it’s much more seasonal because you can use any variety of fruit that is in season. You simply smash the fruit and chocolate spread together and grill until melty. Try..
You can even “grill” this treat all year round – using a lovely panini press. I made this persimmon chocolate panini last winter.
Melted Chocolate Fruit Panini
vegan, serves 1-2
1/3 baguette (about 6″ slice), sandwich-sliced
2 Tbsp vegan dark chocolate spread (see above notes for options)
1 cup fruit – seasonal (grill before using if desired)
dash of coarse sea salt
dash of cinnamon, nutmeg or other flavor accent
1) Warm up your panini press or get a grill pan ready.
2) Slice your bread.
3) Spread your chocolate on the inner side of both slices of bread.
4) Skewer and grill fruit first if desired. Lay over top bread.
5) Sprinkle a dash of salt and cinnamon (or other) over chocolate. Put sandwich faces together.
6) Grill for 2 minutes or until grill marks appear and bread becomes lightly toasted.