Guiltless Chocolate Coconut Layered Fudge Barskathypatalsky
These tender, no-bake, Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars are quite the healthy treat. No, really they are! Each velvety square is made from antioxidant-rich raw cacao powder and nibs, banana, unsweetened raw coconut shreds and virgin coconut oil. Yes they still contain plenty of calories – so watch your portions – but the feel-good ingredients will make you feel good about enjoying each bite. These raw, vegan bars are just what to reach for when you crave a super fudge-y, rich, chocolate-coconut treat — with a healthy spin. Because virgin coconut oil may actually be very good for you! Get the simple, no-heat recipe..
Chocolate Coconut Fudge Bars
vegan, makes about 9 large squares
3/4 cup melted unrefined coconut oil, virgin organic cold-pressed
1/2 cup coconut flakes
4 Tbsp raw cacao powder
1/2 cup agave syrup
1 large banana
1/4 tsp salt (dash)
optional: add in 2-3 Tbsp nut butter for added creaminess. Cashew, peanut or almond work well!
3 Tbsp raw cacao nibs + some coconut flakes
1. Add all the ingredients – except the cacao powder – to a blender (high speed works best.)
2. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. Spread a thin layer of the white mixture over bottom of a glass dish. Smaller dishes will have thicker bars. Place in freezer until this layer firms up a bit. Should take only a few minutes.
4. Pour a tiny bit of reserves white mixture into a separate bowl. Set aside.
5. Add cacao powder to mixture in blender and blend until smooth.
6. Pour this chocolate mixture over top the white. Freeze until slightly firmed and then top with set aside white mixture. Top with cacao nibs.
7. Place dish in freezer for about 15 minutes – or until the bars are firm enough to slice. Store leftover bars in fridge.
Read more from Kathy on her blog, Healthy. Happy. Life.
Don’t miss the latest from Family Kitchen – Like Us on Facebook!
More on Family Kitchen: