Holding On To Summer: Lemon Blueberry Strawberry CakeNicole Presley
I’m from Los Angeles, and even though I’m suppose to be expecting autumn, it is still full-fledged summer weather here in sunny southern California. I haven’t made the transition to cold weather baking and am holding on to the last bits of summer. I made this cake for the first time during the beginning of summer. My friends (Crafty Chica, Pear Mama, Maya In The Moment, and Boi From Ipanema) came by for a wee visit and we happened to film a video on how to make licorice bracelets that day too. Bonding over licorice, iPhone footage, and lemon-blueberry-strawberry cake served with lavender honey ice cream. This recipe reminds me of them!
Lemon Blueberry Strawberry Cake 1 of 6
This cake pairs well with a lavender ice cream. You'll practically lick the plate.
Greased And Waxed 2 of 6
I butter my pan around the edges and lay a piece of wax paper on the bottom.
Half The Batter 3 of 6
Pour half the batter into the pan and spread evenly with the back of a spoon.
Blueberry Layer 4 of 6
Sprinkle in the blueberries, then add the second half of batter to the top.
Strawberry Layer 5 of 6
Top the cake with strawberries. Then place in the oven for 1 hour and 5 minutes.
Baked! 6 of 6
Let cake cool in pan for 2 hours then dust with powdered sugar!
Ingredients for lemon blueberry strawberry cake:
- 2 – sticks butter (room temperature) (1 cup)
- 1 1/3 – cups sugar
- 3 – eggs
- 1 – teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 – cup plain greek yogurt
- 1/2 – cup nonfat milk
- 1/3 – cup lemon curd
- 2 1/2 – cups flour
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 – teaspoon baking powder
- 2 – cups blueberries
- 2 1/2 – cups strawberries
- powdered sugar to dust top of cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees fahrenheit.
- Grease the edges of a 9×13 inch cake pan with butter then lay a piece of parchment paper or wax paper in the bottom of the pan.
- In a mixer beat sugar and butter together until creamy and fluffy.
- Add in eggs, vanilla, greek yogurt, milk, and lemon curd. Mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter/lemon curd mixture and beat until smooth.
- Pour half of the batter into the pan and spread smooth.
- Sprinkle the blueberries on top of first layer of batter.
- Pour the second half of batter on top of blueberries, and gently spread.
- Sprinkle the strawberries on top.
- Bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool for 2 hours then dust with powdered sugar.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
10 tasty mug cakes you can make in under 10 minutes
41 copycat recipes from your favorite restaurants
8 homemade Girl Scout cookie recipes – Caramel deLites, Thin Mints, and more
24 ooey, gooey mac ‘n’ cheese recipes