Editor’s Note: Babble participates in affiliate commission programs, including with Amazon, which means that we receive a share of revenue from purchases you make from the links on this page.
Throughout the ’90s, was there ever a more delightful sweet snack than a box of Dunkaroos? As a child, there was something magical about dipping those vanilla cookies into a pool of sprinkled frosting that had us begging our parents for more. Fast forward to current day and we’re bringing this ’90s must-have back in a whole new dessert form! We present to you Homemade Dunkaroo Truffles — they offer the same cookie-sprinkle combo and dippable reward.
Sadly, original Dunkaroos aren’t available in the U.S. anymore — though you can order them from Canada on Amazon. But, we have to say that this truffle recipe comes pretty close. It offers a sweet vanilla flavor topped with a chocolate sprinkle mixture that makes them taste like funfetti cheesecake. How do you do your Dunkaroos?
Homemade Dunkaroo Truffles
recipe by Lily Glass
- 2 cups graham cracker pieces (or 7 sheets)
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups white chocolate (we used candy melts)
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
- Place truffle ingredients into a food processor and blend.
- Carefully remove blade, and scoop with a tablespoon (or melon baller) and roll into balls with your hands.
- Place on wax paper-lined cookie sheet.
- Then place in the freezer for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt your white chocolate. Let it cool down for 3 minutes then add sprinkles.
- “Dunk” half of each truffle into the chocolate/sprinkles mixture.
- Optional: Place back on your cookie sheet and refrigerate for an additional 5 minutes. Enjoy!