Get your kiddos to eat their veggies with this fun and simple jungle snack hack. If you’ve ever tried to make a beautiful bento box, it’s likely you’ve also sworn off super cute snacks. Putting together cute, colorful treats can take so long. What parent has time for that?! Good news, YOU do!
With this easy peasy jungle snack, you’re just five minutes away from easy-to-make snacks that offer up fruits and vegetables in a sweet way. Simple to prep, you can surprise your kiddo with a plate of creative after school eats, or let them build their own jungle!
- Green gel food coloring
- Cream cheese
- Mini puff popcorn or rice crackers
- Fruits and veggies (mini celery sticks, mint leaves, green apple sticks, or star fruit)
- Animal crackers
- Tint a package of pineapple cream cheese with a touch of green gel food coloring. We used neon green, because my kids loved the bright burst of color, but any green color will work.
- Spread the cream cheese on top of mini puffed popcorn or rice crackers.
- Then gently press mini celery sticks, mint leaves, green apple sticks, or star fruit into the top of the cracker, creating an edible “jungle.”
- Finish your crackers off with an animal cracker and let your kids go wild!
This is one snack tray everyone will find absolutely enchanting!More On