Whether you are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day or just love a big bowl of colorful, salty-sweet rainbow goodness this snack is for you!
I love the combination of Rice Chex, Lucky Charms (MARSHMALLOWS!), and crunchy pretzels. Confetti-style sprinkles up the rainbow effect, making this the perfect treat for your St. Patrick’s Day celebrations. I used gluten-free pretzels (both cereals are already gluten-free) and almond butter, but you can use whatever equivalent ingredients you prefer!
Lucky Charms Cereal Mix
- 3 cups Lucky Charms (separate the marshmallows to add at the end)
- 4 cups Rice Chex
- 3 cups pretzel twists
- 12 ounces white candy melts
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup confetti-style sprinkles
- Combine both cereals and pretzels in a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt white candy melts, almond butter, and butter in a medium saucepan, stirring until completely combined. Immediately pour over the cereal/pretzel mixture and stir to coat well.
- Add one cup of powdered sugar and the sprinkles, then stir to coat well. Add the remaining cup of sugar and stir to coat well.
- Spread mixture onto a parchment-lined baking sheet and let cool completely. Add marshmallows, stir to combine, and serve.