My mom’s birthday is right around the corner, and this year she’s requesting a small gathering with her sisters and a few other women whom she wants to celebrate with. Being her only child, I’ve taken charge of all the party planning, including inviting the guests and preparing the menu. Her only request thus far is having a shindig that’s casual and relaxed. I am going to do a brunch (I know that for sure!), but nailing the relaxed and casual part has me stumped. What to do?
I decided to head straight to Target to buy decorations, plates, and party favors. As I was strolling through the aisles in complete party mode, I had an epiphany! Why not hold the party outdoors and make brunch on the grill? For one, it’s summertime, and second, grilling the party fare will help cultivate a relaxed, casual atmosphere — exactly what my mom requested! Next, I thought about drinks and what would go well with a breakfast lunch theme. I found the perfect fit: cored pineapple and ginger ale! I thought, how wonderful would it be to grill the fruit then place it in cold ginger ale for a sparkling grilled fruit punch? Sounds refreshing, right?
It’s for party-planning ideas like this that I love Target. In my mind, it’s the perfect place to go to find party inspiration. Thanks to Target, for my mom’s birthday, I made the best fruit punch — ever. When I got home and did a test run on the grilled fruit punch, I just loved it. I can’t wait to see all of her friends’ — and her — reactions!
Sparkling Grilled Fruit Punch 1 of 7
This beautiful grilled fruit punch is the perfect drink for any summertime party.
Sliced Fruit 2 of 7
Slice the fruit and remove pits.
Oil And Sugar 3 of 7
Brush fruit with oil, and then sprinkle with brown sugar.
Put It On The Grill 4 of 7
Place fruit on the hot grill, and cook until grill lines form on all sides of the fruit. Grill each side for about 5 minutes.
Fruit Bowl 5 of 7
Add all the chopped fruit to the punch bowl, and then pour in ginger ale.
Serve Me Please 6 of 7
Garnish with mint and serve in a cup.
Pretty Punch 7 of 7
Enjoy this lovely punch chilled or poured over ice.
Ingredients for Grilled Fruit Punch:
- cored & sliced pineapple (6 slices)
- 2 – peaches (sliced and cored)
- 1 – orange (sliced)
- 10 – cherries (stems removed, pitted, and sliced in half)
- 1 – tablespoons of vegetable oil or olive oil
- 1/8 – cup brown sugar
- mint sprigs (optional)
- 1 – six pack of ginger ale (chilled)
- Slice and cut fruit. Remove pits and stems.
- Brush sliced fruit with vegetable oil.
- Then sprinkle fruit with sugar. Set to the side.
- Heat up bar-b-que grill.
- Place fruit on bar-b-que and grill on each side for about 5 minutes on each side, or until grill lines form on the fruit.
- Remove fruit off the grill and chop to desired size.
- Add chopped fruit to a punch bowl.
- Carefully add ginger ale. Mix and garnish with mint.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.