Merida’s Bullseye BisqueSara O'Donnell
Thanks to Disney Magic of Healthy Living for sponsoring this post. Watch their fun-for-the-whole-family new video series Dishes Inspired by Disney and click here to get more healthy, magical recipes inspired by your favorite Disney movies.
To be a precision archer like Merida, you’ve got to have a pretty keen eye. And super foods like carrots and yams are loaded with the antioxidant Beta-Carotene, which is converted by the body into Vitamin A. Vitamin A, or retinol, helps the body’s immune system, and supports good eye health and vision.
Want to have an eagle eye like Merida? Try Merida’s creamy and comforting Bullseye Bisque!
Yam, Carrot and Ginger Bullseye Bisque
2 1/2 cups peeled and chopped yam
1/2 cups peeled and chopped carrots
1/2 cup seeded and chopped sweet bell peppers
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/4 cup peeled and chopped ginger root
2 TBSP minced garlic
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups low sodium chicken or vegetable broth
1. Place a tablespoon of the chicken or vegetable broth in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
2. Add yam, carrots, sweet bell peppers and onion and saute 3-5 minutes, just until slightly softened and fragrant.
3. Stir in remaining broth and add ginger root and garlic.
4. Bring to a gentle boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer until vegetables are soft, about 10 minutes.
5. Add fresh thyme leaves and simmer an additional 5 minutes.
6. Carefully puree mixture in a blender.
7. Return to saucepan and heat throughly. Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper to taste.
8. Serve piping hot with a dollop of light sour cream or Greek yogurt.
Makes 5-6 cups soup.
The Mickey Check is a tool that makes it easier to identify nutritious choices based on Disney Nutrition Guidelines.
This recipe was inspired by the video for Merida’s Brave Bear Bento Box from Disney’s new series Dishes Inspired by Disney. Check out the video below:
For the full recipes for Merida’s Brave Bear Bento Box, visit Spoonful!