Thanks to Disney Magic of Healthy Living for sponsoring this post. Watch their fun-for-the-whole-family new video series Dishes Inspired by Disney and click here to get more healthy, magical recipes inspired by your favorite Disney movies.
This, I can promise: You will not turn into a bear eating Merida’s Mini Cakes! However you may get some nasty snarls if there aren’t enough to go around.
Merida’s Mini Cakes are easy to make and tasty too! A simple sponge cake with fresh fruit and a dusting of powdered sugar will make anyone feel like a princess, if just for a moment.
1 cup all-pupose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup light brown sugar
2/3 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
fresh fruit or fruit jam for garnish
powdered sugar for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 350(F).
2. In an electric mixer, beat eggs throughly until fluffed and thickened, about 4 minutes on high.
3. Gradually add sugars, beating on high after each addition. Mix on high another 4 minutes.
4. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Mix again throughly.
5. Melt butter (in microwave) and mix with milk.
6. With mixer running, stream milk mixture into batter. Beat until combined.
7. Distribute batter evenly to greased or silicone mini bundt pans, muffin cups or cake pan.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
9. Serve cakes warm or cool with a dusting of powdered sugar and fresh fruit or fruit jam.
Makes 8-10 mini bundt cakes or cupcakes.
Can also be prepared in a 9″ square or 8″ inch round cake pan and cut into 8-10 pieces.
The Mickey Check is a tool that makes it easier to identify nutritious choices based on Disney Nutrition Guidelines.
This recipe was inspired by the video for Merida’s Brave Bear Bento Box from Disney’s new series Dishes Inspired by Disney. Check out the video below:
For the full recipes for Merida’s Brave Bear Bento Box, visit Spoonful!