Mexican S’moresNicole Presley
My son loves Arcoiris cookies…. The pink and white marshmallow cookie is lightly dusted with coconut flakes and is the perfect size for little hands. I thought it would be fun to combine this already favored cookie with the taste of Mexican chocolate for a twist on traditional s’mores. Enjoy!
Mexican S’mores 1 of 9
A Mexican twist on the s'mores.
Ingredients 2 of 9
Arcoiris (rainbow) marshmallow cookies and Ibarra Chocolate.
Place On A Piece Of Aluminum Foil 3 of 9
Prep the cookies by placing on a piece of aluminum foil. Before placing them in a toaster oven.
Toaster Oven 4 of 9
Make sure to keep an eye on the cookies or the marshmallow will burn. About 4 to 5 minutes in the toaster oven.
Perfectly Toasted 5 of 9
Once the coconut tops start to brown, remove them from the toaster oven. And melt the chocolate.
Mexican Chocolate And Half & Half 6 of 9
In a small sauce pan over a low flame add chocolate and half and half. Mix with a wooden spoon.
Melted Chocolate 7 of 9
Mix until chocolate disk is melted and smooth. Then remove from flame.
Build A S’more 8 of 9
Take each cookie and top with a small spoonful of melted chocolate and then stack them in threes.
Ready To Eat 9 of 9
All stacked and ready to eat! Enjoy!
Arcoiris marshmallow cookies
2 Mexican chocolate disks (Ibarra or Abuelita)
3 tablespoons half and half
1. Place cookies on a piece of aluminum foil and place in the toaster oven for 4 to 5 minutes or until golden brown. Be sure to keep an eye on the cookies to avoid burning.
2. Remove from toaster oven and set to the side.
3. In a small saucepan over a low flame add chocolate and half and half. Mix with a wooden spoon until completely melted.
4. Remove from flame and allow to cool for a few minutes.
5. Scoop a small spoonful of chocolate over each cookie then stack in threes.