Editor’s Note: Babble is a part of The Walt Disney Company.
There’s not much kids love more than a (crustless) PB&J. Turn the classic sandwich into a healthy whole wheat muffin. Packed with plenty of peanut butter flavor and a sweet jelly topping, this recipe is great for breakfast, lunch, afternoon snack, or any time your family needs an energy boost. Plus, your kids are sure to love the adorable Mickey shape!
Mickey Mouse Peanut Butter & Jelly Muffins
Makes: 8-9 muffins
- 2 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1/2 cup smooth, natural peanut butter (or sunflower butter)
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup raspberry preserve (naturally sweetened or low in sugar), divided
- Raw peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Mickey Mouse muffin mold (like this from the Disney Store)
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease your muffin mold with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mashed bananas, peanut butter, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla. Stir until completely combined.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Make a well in the center of the flour then pour in the banana mixture. Stir until combined. The batter will be very thick.
- Divide the batter evenly in prepared muffin mold, filling each mold about half full. Press batter down with fingers.
- Spread a teaspoon of raspberry preserve on the tops of each muffin, then sprinkle with chopped peanuts (optional).
- Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into muffin comes out clean.
- Allow bars to cool before removing.