The holidays are the season of “dropping in,” “stopping by,” and entertaining like crazy. That’s how it is in my world. We always have people coming over for last-minute gatherings. We also head out to see people for cocktails and open houses. It is super fun and I adore every moment of it.
In order to be ready for whatever might come my way on any given weekend, I keep a stash of cashews and a few spices on hand. With these in my pantry I can whip up a quick dish of spiced nuts in the microwave, or even package them up to take with me as a hostess gift. It is the easiest, and most delicious snack mix to gift for the holiday season! The nuts are sweet and hot — perfect for munching on while sipping a hot toddy and singing Christmas carols.
Sweet & Spicy Cashews
Makes: 2 cups
- 2 cups roasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Add all of the ingredients to a microwave-proof bowl and stir very well.
- Cover the bowl with wax paper and heat in 30-second bursts on high heat, stirring well after each time. Do this for about 2 minutes, or until the nuts are piping hot.
- Remove from the microwave and spread them on a lined baking sheet to cool for about 10 minute. Then package in a bag to gift, or pour into a nut dish to enjoy.