When it comes to children’s parties you really can’t go wrong with donuts or milkshakes. Even better, serve them together! This super cute dessert pairing is perfect for a crowd of children. Serving the milkshakes in small glasses is just the right portion for little ones, as is the mini donut on top. For this recipe, I served chocolate mint milkshakes and classic chocolate mini donuts.
To serve them at a party, bake the donuts in advance and make the milkshakes fresh before serving. When the kids are ready to eat, assemble them on the party table and serve!
Mini Chocolate Glazed Donuts
- 1 box devil’s food cake mix
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (or according to the package directions). Spray a mini donut pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk the cake mix, egg, vegetable oil, and water until smooth.
- Fill each donut cup half-full and bake for the time recommended on the package. Repeat with remaining batter. Once the donuts are baked, let them cool completely before glazing.
- To make the glaze, whisk the butter, chocolate, sugar, and milk in a small bowl until smooth.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a paper towel and put a wire cooling rack over it. Set the donuts on the rack.
- Drizzle the glaze over the donuts, allowing it to drip down the sides. Let the glaze cool before moving the donuts.
- 1 quart chocolate ice cream
- 1 quart mint chip ice cream
- 3 cups whole milk
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender until smooth and creamy. For a thicker milkshake, use less milk. For a thinner milkshake, add a little extra milk until you reach the desired consistency.
- Pour the milkshakes into small glasses.
- Position a straw in the middle, and place a donut on top.