How to Make Molletes — Yummy Mexican ToastNicole Presley
I think it’s a fair assumption to say most people who eat a mollete only have good things to say. Most of the country likes refried beans, and if you add those beans to a piece of bread and sprinkle cheese on top…you can’t go wrong. Watch the video below to see how this fast meal is made in just minutes. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Mollete:
- a bolillo bread or french bread (sliced in half)
- 1 – teaspoon of butter
- 4 – heaping tablespoons of Old El Paso refried beans
- 1/2 – cup grated monterey jack cheese or chihuahua cheese
- 2 – tablespoons salsa
- Warm a small can of Old El Paso beans in a pan over a medium flame for 5 minutes. Set to the side.
- Slice a bolillo in half.
- Place both halves in a toaster oven and toast till the edges are golden crisp.
- Smear each piece with a little bit of butter.
- Then spread two tablespoons of refried beans on top of butter of each piece of bread. Use more beans if desired.
- Top beans with 1/4 cup grated cheese each.
- Place both pieces back into toaster oven under the broiler until cheese melts for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with a tablespoon of salsa each.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
15 fresh and delicious ways to make lettuce wraps
20 indulgent Nutella recipes — pancakes, pizza, hot chocolate, and more!
41 copycat recipes from your fave fast food joints
10 ways to recreate Chinese takeout at home
The 5 worst foods for weight loss