I learned how to first bake cake out of a box, and absolutely love it till this day. I selectively choose the box that clearly states “pudding in the mix.” Why would I dare buy a cake mix without pudding in it? As I popped up a box mix not too long ago, I thought “What will this cake taste like if once it’s done we add more pudding on top? I tried my experiment out and was pleasantly delighted. I add a few bananas to the top and a glob of whipped cream and cookies. Let’s just say everyone was happy.
Chocolate Banana Pudding Cake 1 of 13
This cake has me smitten in love. Loaded with pudding and fresh bananas, then topped with whipped cream and crunchy cookies.
Cake Pan 2 of 13
Smear the pan with butter then shake sugar in. This will keep your cake from sticking.
Batter Up 3 of 13
Mix cake mix according box instructions then pour into prepared pan. Bake for 33 minutes.
Baked 4 of 13
Allow cake to cool in pan for 30 minutes.
Poke Holes In It 5 of 13
Use a stick or straw or skinny handle of a wooden spoon to poke holes in your cake. Set to the side.
Pudding Mix 6 of 13
Add pudding and cold milk to a bowl.
Whisk 7 of 13
Whisk together until thick for about 5 minutes.
Fill The Holes 8 of 13
Pour the pudding onto the cake. Filling the holes.
Spread Even 9 of 13
Spread the pudding evenly over the top. Place in the fridge to set.
Fresh Banana Layer 10 of 13
Place a layer of fresh banana on top of the pudding.
Whipped Cream 11 of 13
Add a big glob of whipped cream to the top, then spread evenly.
Cookie Crumbs 12 of 13
Sprinkle cookie crumbs on top.
Enjoy! 13 of 13
Place back in the fridge to set for a few hours. Cut and enjoy!
Ingredients for chocolate banana pudding cake:
- 1 – tablespoon butter
- 2 – tablespoons sugar
- 1 – box devil’s food cake mix (bake according to directions on the box: water, oil, eggs)
- 1 – 5.1 oz box of banana instant pudding
- 2 1/2 – cups cold milk
- 3 – bananas
- 4 – cups whipped cream
- 10 – oreo cookies (remove middle filling, then crush into crumbs)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees fahrenheit.
- Smear butter into a 9×13 cake pan and grease it entirely on the inside.
- Pour sugar into the pan and shake around to coat the inside of pan. Discard any remaining sugar.
- Mix cake mix according to directions on the box.
- Bake cake for 33 minutes.
- Remove cake from oven and allow it to cool for 30 minutes.
- Pour pudding mix into a bowl along with the milk, and whisk for 5 minutes to thicken. Set to the side.
- With a stick or the thin end of a wooden spoon make holes in the cake.
- Pour the pudding onto the cake and spread it evenly on top as if frosting the cake.
- Place in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Cut bananas into slices and place on top of pudding.
- Then spread whipped cream on top of banana layer.
- Sprinkle oreo cookie crumbs on top of whipped cream as a final layer.
- Place back in the fridge for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Cut and enjoy!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.
MORE ON BABBLE
24 sinfully sweet dessert recipes in a jar
41 copycat recipes from your fave fast food joints
8 homemade Girl Scout cookie recipes – Caramel deLites, Thin Mints, and more
10 tasty mug cakes you can make in under 10 minutes
20 indulgent Nutella recipes — pancakes, pizza, hot chocolate, and more!