New Year’s Eve Party Ideas: Parmesan Pigs in a Blanket AppetizersJennifer Savor the Thyme
I bet that if someone asked a large population of people, ‘What is one of your favorite finger or party foods?’, many would answer with ‘pigs in a blanket’. What is it about having a hot dog wrapped and baked in a puff pastry or some sort of breading that makes adults and kids alike come running?
Trust me, that you should probably make a double batch of these Parmesan Pigs in a Blanket…
1 tablespoon water
1 package Puff Pastry Sheets, thawed
32 cocktail hot dogs (should find at grocery or warehouse store)
1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 375°. Set puff pastry sheets out to thaw and whisk the water and egg in a small bowl and set aside.
2. Unfold one of the pastry sheets onto a lightly floured surface. Using a rolling pin, shape into a 12-inch square and slice into 16 sections. Repeat with the remaining pastry sheet.
3. Place 1 mini hot dog in the center of each square and brush the edges of the squares with the egg wash. Fold the 2 opposite corners to the center over the hot dog and pinch slightly to seal.
4. Repeat for all of the hot dogs. Using the remaining egg wash, lightly brush each triangle and then dust with the Parmesan cheese.
5. Place the hot dogs onto a baking sheets and bake for approximately 20 minutes. Plate and serve with a side of Mustard Dipping Sauce