Nutella Bran Muffins—a moist breakfast muffin featuring 100% bran cereal and Nutella. It may not sound like a likely pairing, but you will be amazed at how well they go together!
The bran provides a nice boost of insoluble dietary fiber, a must-have addition to a healthy diet. The Nutella lightly sweetens the muffins and provides a hint of chocolate and hazelnuts. These lightly sweet, moist muffins make a wonderful grab-n-go option to have on hand when you know you have a busy morning coming up. A muffin combined with some fresh fruit makes for a filling and healthy breakfast.
Nutella Bran Muffins
Makes: 12 muffins
- 1 1/2 cups 100% bran cereal
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup Nutella
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Line 12 (2 1/2 inch) muffin pan cups with liners.
- Combine the bran cereal and milk in a medium size bowl and let it stand for 10 minutes. After soaking, stir in the Nutella.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, and baking powder. Add the bran mixture, butter, and egg and stir until just blended.
- Bake the muffins for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes clean. Remove from the oven and let cool completely on a cooling rack.