I have been experimenting with different mug cakes ever since I heard about them about a year ago. None of them have been winners. They were either too chewy, too dry, or not sweet enough.
Well, I continued experimenting, and thought I’d add some decadent Nutella into the mix. I modified the classic mug cake recipe, added Nutella, and a little more milk and oil than I had been using before. The results were beyond amazing. Finally, chocolate mug cake perfection, with a hint of Nutella flavor!
This mug cake may be a little high in fat, but it is the perfect decadence to help fulfill a chocolate craving after dinner. And the best thing about this dessert is that it’s quick and easy, and you can have it ready in under 5 minutes, start to finish!
I made these quick desserts today for my father and sister-in-law. They were the perfect thing to make for unexpected company.
Ready to try it for yourself?
Nutella Mug Cake
- 4 tablespoons self rising flour
- 4 tablespoons white granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons Nutella
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients in a large coffee mug. Whisk well with a fork until smooth. Microwave on high for 1 1/2 – 3 minutes. (Time depends on microwave wattage. Mine took 1 /2 minutes.) Top with whipped cream and a little chocolate sauce if desired.
- Top with whipped cream and chocolate syrup. Enjoy!
Note: Depending on the wattage of your microwave, you may have to increase cooking time.
Makes 1 very large serving.