Nutella Swirl Zucchini Bread for National Zucchini Bread DayKelsey Banfield
I am never one to miss a great food holiday! This time it is National Zucchini Bread Day. I have always loved zucchini bread. It is the comfort food of my childhood and something I now make for my daughter. This time when we made it in honor of National Zucchini Bread Da,y I decided to add a delicious swirl of nutella. I mean, zucchini and chocolate are generally delicious together so why not take it straight over the top with nutella! To give it a try I whipped up my standard zucchini bread recipe and dolloped some nutella on top and swirled it into the batter with a knife. the result was a luscious bread with a chocolate hazelnut marble that was out of this world.
Nutella-Zucchini Swirl Bread
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ teaspoons baking soda
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon kosher salt
3 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
1 cup vegetable oil
1 ½ cup granuated sugar
2 cups freshly grated zucchini
2 teaspoons vanilla extra
1/3 cup Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease one 9 x 5 inch loaf pan.
2. Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into a bowl.
3. In a separate bowl stir together eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla. Make sure it is fully combined.
4. Carefully pour flour mixture into egg mixture, stirring until completely combined.
5. Pour entire mixture into loaf pan. Dollop the Nutella on top and swirl it into the batter with a dull knife.
6. Bake the bread for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean and the top is set.
7. You will know when the bread or muffins are down when the centers are set and spring back when they are lightly touched.
Mark your calendars for another tasty celebration: Great American Pizza Bake Week!