Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt with Nutella ButtercreamBrooke McLay
There are times you want to thank dinner guests for their company by serving up a platter of tasty, homemade dessert. Then, there are the times you want to kick your ever-lovin’ dinner guests in the mouth with a cake so incredibly moist and chocolatey that they profess you the grandmaster of all kitchen goodness, and proffer their firstborn to you in exchange for another slice. This here is that kind of cake. Rich and soft chocolate bundt cake, studded with teensy chocolate chips, and topped with the fluffiest concoction of Nutella buttercream ever invented this side of the Atlantic Ocean. Some say I’m prone to overdramatic adjectives. Most just hand over their eldest children and ask for another slice.
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. olive oil
1 package instant chocolate pudding
1 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking powder (double if baking at low altitude)
2/3 c. cocoa powder
1 1/2 c. flour
1 c. sour cream
½ c. water
1 c. mini chocolate chips
1. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, brown sugar, and olive oil, and instant pudding mix, creaming until very well mixed.
2. Add salt, baking powder, cocoa powder, and flour. Beat just until incorporated.
3. Add sour cream and water, and beat again just until incorporated.
4. Fold in mini chocolate chips, then scoop batter into a bundt pan which has been generously greased and floured (use cocoa powder, instead of flour, for a nice chocolatey finish to the outside of your cake).
5. Bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees F for 40-45 minutes, or just until the center part of the cake ring springs back to the touch. Watch your cake closely! You don’t want to overcook it!
6. Once cooked, wait for the cake to cool to the touch before turning it out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool, then cover tightly in plastic wrap and store in the fridge overnight before frosting.
½ c. Nutella
12 Tbsp. butter, slightly softened
3 1/2 c. powdered sugar
1-2 T. milk
In a large bowl, beat together Nutella and butter until smooth and fluffy. Slowly add powdered sugar, beating well to incorporate. Add as much milk as needed to make frosting fluffy, but soft enough to spread. Spread on cooled Chocolate Chocolate Chip bundt cake.
Don’t miss the RED VELVET version of this cake with FLUFFY CREAM CHEESE FROSTING, over at Cheeky Kitchen.