OMG Awesome Oreo Dessert: 8-Layer Icebox Pie for National Oreo Day!Kelsey Banfield
Oreo cookies are always a good idea. Especially on National Oreo Day! I love to eat Oreos every which way. They are delish on their own, dunked in milk, or used as the main ingredient of an incredibly fabulous dessert. To celebrate National Oreo Day this year I made up my newest, greatest, Oreo freezer dessert. It is simply amazing, and you will have everyone swooning when you get it on the table. It is seriously that darn good. Why? It features two different flavors of Oreo, is layered with both chocolate and vanilla, and is easy to make. Take your Oreo dessert up a notch this year and make this fantastic over-the-top pie!
8 Layer Oreo Icebox Pie
1 box Mint Oreo Cookies
1 box regular Oreo Cookies
1 Oreo pie crust
1 8-ounce block cream cheese, softened
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
1 14-ounce can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 ounces semisweet chocolate or chocolate chips
4 ounces white chocolate or chocolate chips
Whipped cream and chocolate sauce for serving
1. In a large bowl beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, condensed milk, and vanilla extract until light and voluminous. Set aside.
2. Arrange a layer of Mint Oreo cookies in the base of the Oreo cookie pie crust. Cover it with half of the cream cheese mixture just until you can see the cookies.
3. Melt the semisweet chocolate in the microwave and stir until smooth. Spread the melted chocolate in an even layer over the top of the cream cheese mixture. Arrange a layer of regular Oreo cookies on top of the melted chocolate. Cover them with the remaining half of the cream cheese mixture.
4. Place 5 Mint Oreo cookies and 5 regular Oreo cookies in a freezer bag and lightly crush them with a rolling pin. Scatter the top over the cream cheese mixture.
5. In the microwave melt the white chocolate and stir until smooth. Drizzle over the top of the crushed Oreos. Freeze the pie for 4 hours, or until solid. Serve with whipped cream and chocolate sauce!