We are bringing you four ways to get some fun out of eating oats with this quick and simple recipe. Served in the cuteness of a mason jar, these Overnight Oats offer a delicious taste of chia seeds, coconut milk, honey, vanilla extract, and cinnamon. Customize them with your favorite fruits or flavor mix-ins and you’ll have yourself a sweet treat!
Overnight Oats, 4 Ways
Makes: 1 jar, 1 serving
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch cinnamon
- Special equipment: 1 pint mason jar
- Stir all ingredients together in a pint-sized mason jar. If desired, stir in additional mix-ins (below) to flavor your oatmeal. Cover with lid and store in fridge overnight.
- In the morning, top with your favorite fresh, diced fruit. Enjoy!
Optional Flavor Mix-Ins
- Strawberry: Stir 1/4 cup fresh diced strawberries and 1 tablespoon strawberry jam into the recipe above. To serve, top with 1/3 cup fresh diced strawberries.
- Peaches n’ Cream: Stir in 1/4 cup fresh or canned peaches into the recipe above. To serve, top with 1/3 cup fresh or canned peaches.
- AB&J (Almond Butter and Jam): Stir in 1 tablespoon almond butter and 1 tablespoon raspberry jam into the recipe above. To serve, top with fresh raspberries.
- Blueberry: Stir 1/4 cup fresh blueberries (or 2 tablespoons blueberry pie filling) into the recipe above. To serve, top with 1/3 cup fresh blueberries.