Let the New Year’s resolutions begin with this Pasta-less Pasta Salad! Leave the carbs behind and kick-start the year with this refreshing twist on pasta salad.
After the holiday pies, cocktails, and loads of food it’s time to press the reset button. That means adding more fruits and veggies into your diet, and leaving the carbonated drinks and unnecessary sodium behind. However, adding more salad to your diet is kind of boring, and pasta salad isn’t really salad … until now.
Pasta-less Pasta Salad
- 2 zucchinis
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts, drained and patted dry
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 thick deli slices of provolone cheese, sliced into cubes
- 3/4 cup gourmet salami
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup black olives, quartered
- 3/4 cup Italian dressing, or to taste
- Cut the ends of your zucchini and then cut the zucchini in half.
- Place zucchini in spiralizer and slice into noodles.
- Place zucchini noodles in a bowl with artichoke hearts, tomatoes, provolone cheese, salami, red onion, and black olives.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the pasta salad and toss to combine thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes. Tip: it’s best to leave salad in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours to let the dressing soften the zucchini noodles.