I love to reinterpret the classics, and PB&J is no different. I’ve been working to craft the perfect PB&J cupcake, because who wouldn’t want their favorite sandwich in cupcake form?!
This flavorful and fun dessert is perfect for after school or on-the-run. I’m excited to share this recipe from my famiglia to yours.
Cake Boss PB&J Cupcakes
Makes: 12 cupcakes
- 1 box Cake Boss “Primo Yellow” cake mix (or other cake mix with custard)
- 1 (14-ounce) container Cake Boss Viva Vanilla icing (or other vanilla icing)
- 6 tablespoons creamy peanut butter plus more for garnish
- 2-3 teaspoons raspberry preserve or jam plus more for garnish
- 1 sleeve toast crackers
- Paring knife
- Piping bag
- Star-tip pastry piping tip
- Set oven to 350 F. Make cake according to instructions on the box, and cook for 10-12 minutes, or until cupcakes spring back when touched.
- Once cooled, remove from cupcake tray. Take paring knife and cut out center a little and remove.
- For icing, stir together vanilla icing and 6 tablespoons peanut butter until well combined. Place into piping bag with star-tip, squeeze out any air, and set aside.
- Take slightly hollowed cupcake and fill with 2-3 teaspoons raspberry preserve or jam. Pipe a swirl of peanut butter icing on top of the cupcake, making sure to cover from wrapper to center.
- To make the mini sandwiches, take the toast crackers, spread a little peanut butter on one side, place a dollop of raspberry preserve or jam on another toast cracker, then sandwich together. Place on top of peanut butter swirl as garnish.
- Place in refrigerator for 10-15 minutes to set up slightly, serve immediately or share with your child as a sweet treat.
If you’re a peanut butta lova and short on time in the kitchen, I also have a line of cakes and cupcakes that taste as good as they look. I love that I can share my recipes and designs with families all over the country, and one of my favorite cupcakes is my Peanut Butta Lova with rich peanut butter and chocolate.More On