We reinvented your favorite childhood treat into a whole new flavorful snack! These PB&J Fries add a sweet, yet crispy twist to our beloved classic sandwich. Dip this recipe into either a maple syrup or jelly icing for added goodness. Enjoy these fries on-the-go or in the comfort of your own home.
Makes: 1 serving
- 2 slices of bread
- Peanut butter
- Jelly (any flavor)
- Butter or margarine, softened
Icing Ingredients (optional)
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar, plus more for topping
- 1 teaspoon cream
- 1 teaspoon jelly or maple syrup
- Make a PB&J sandwich, but don’t overfill it.
- Flatten out with rolling pin, cut off the crusts, and then cut into strips.
- Put a spoonful of butter into a heated medium pan and melt.
- Add your strips of PB&J and fry up both sides.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Optional dipping sauce: mix powdered sugar, cream, and either jelly or maple syrup together.
- Dip away and enjoy!