Do you love the flavor pairing of peanut butter and chocolate? I do. In fact, next to chocolate and mint it very well might be one of my favorite flavor duos of all time. The other day I received a card from I Love Peanut Butter & Co. with this recipe printed on the back. I always love a good cup of hot chocolate, but this version was over the top and I had to try it right away. As I’d hoped, the recipe came together in a snap and it tasted like I was literally drinking a melted Reese’s peanut butter cup. I am pretty sure I know what will be keeping me warm this winter!
Peanut Butter Hot Chocolate
adapted from Peanut Butter & Co.
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 cups light cream
- 2/3 cup peanut butter
- Whipped Cream for serving
- In a saucepan warm the milk and vanilla until hot, but not boiling. Whisk in the cocoa and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the cream and peanut butter and stir well, then let the mixture simmer for about four minutes, stirring constantly.
- Serve in a mug with whipped cream!