There’s no need to struggle making a perfect pie crust. We’ve got a simple, budget-friendly way to make your pies look professional in minutes. Prepare a beautifully crimped pie crust just like grandma used to make with a strand of pearls!
Who needs expensive kitchen gadgets when you can use what you’ve got around the house? Impress your guests with this foolproof pie crimping method.
Raid your jewelry box for a strand of real pearls, and you’re ready to go! Make sure not to use imitations, like painted glass or plastic pearls, as they may be coated with chemicals.
1. Gently wash your pearls in soapy dishwater and dry completely. Roll out your pie crust and press into a pie plate. Trim any dough that’s hanging beyond the edge of the pie plate.
2. Starting at one end of your pearl strand, press gently into the top edge of the pie dough. Make your way around the rim until you come to the end of the strand.
3. If the strand doesn’t wrap completely around the rim, remove the strand and repeat the process until the pearl indents wrap completely around the rim.
4. Gently pull up the string of pearls, and voila! You’ve got a gorgeous pie crust.
5. Fill with your favorite pie flavor, bake, and enjoy!More On