I try to squeeze in my greens with every meal … I really do try! I love spinach and kale, and all the health benefits that come along with eating these magical greens. But I’ll be honest, I need some dressing or lemon vinaigrette to be able to eat them. When juicing became a hit, I immediately got excited! I can finally eat my greens without even tasting them in my smoothies! How amazing is that?! This popsicle recipe is inspired by tropical climates (as well as currently being in a vacation mood), my obsession with pineapples, and getting in my greens for the day.
Pineapple Spinach Popsicles
- 1 large banana
- 1 1/2 cups pineapple, cut or chopped
- 1/2 cup coconut milk (or coconut yogurt or canned coconut milk, for a slightly thicker consistency)
- 2 handfuls spinach
- In a blender or food processor, puree the banana, pineapple chunks, and coconut milk until smooth.
- Fill the mold 1/2 way with this mix.
- Put the rest of the mix back in the blender and throw in the spinach. Blend until spinach is pureed.
- Fill your mold with the rest of this mix — this gives you the two colorful and ombre layers.
- Place the popsicles in freezer for about 1 hour. Then place the sticks in molds and put the popsicles back into freezer. Let it freeze overnight or for at least 5 hours.
- When ready to eat, run warm water over mold to easily remove the pops.