In our house, there’s all sorts of children’s books we love. But, my youngest daughter is particularly fond of Pinkalicious, the story of a little girl who loves pink so much, she turns pink. If you’ve got a little princess in your family, how fabulous would it be to mail her a jar of bright pink cake with sweet strawberry frosting? These easy little microwave cakes in jars make the idea pinkalicous treat for just about any girlie girl. A fun dessert for baby showers, a clever birthday treat, an afterschool treat that says “pinkaboo”! The pink possibilities are endless!
Pinkalicious Mason Jar Cake
- 1 box strawberry cake mix, prepared according to package directions
- 1 jar strawberry frosting
- 3 pint-sized canning jars
- Pink sprinkles
- Thoroughly wash and dry the inside of each mason jar. Spray the inside of each jar thoroughly with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Spoon about 1 cup of cake batter into each jar. Cook one jar at a time in the microwave for 1-2 minutes, or until the cake is cooked through. Allow jars to cool slightly, then scoop the top half of cake from the jar. Plop a dollop of frosting into the center of the jar, then replace the top half of the cake back in the jar. Add enough frosting to fill the rest of the jar. Finish off with pink sprinkles.
- Serve immediately or cover with a lid and store in the fridge or pop into the mail & surprise someone you love! Cakes should stay fresh in the fridge for up to 5 days, and can be mailed so long as they are topped with a canning jar lid and arrive at their final destination within 3 days.