Plump Pumpkin Vegan Cupcakes for Halloweenkathypatalsky
These Plump Pumpkin Cupcakes are fun for a vegan Halloween treat. Festive orange sprinkles cover white vanilla bean soy cream cheese frosting – swirled on top of a pumpkin pecan cupcake. Cute Halloween characters top each treat. Get my recipe!..
Bite into one of these moist vegan cupcakes and taste the subtle vanilla-pumpkin flavor in each fluffy bite. Specks of chopped pecans and cinnamon are a nice touch. On top, the velvety cream cheese frosting is fluffy, sweet and lightly accented with vanilla and cinnamon.
Plump Pumpkin Vegan Cupcakes!
Pecan Pumpkin Cupcakes
vegan, makes 12
1 cup sugar
2/3 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
1 cup soy milk
1/3 cup canola oil or melted coconut oil
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup chopped pecans
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree, unsweetened
optional: replace 1/3 cup of soy milk with 1 Tbsp Ener-G egg replacer + 1/4 cup water (fold in last if adding)
Vanilla Cream Cheese Frosting – vegan
1/2 cup soy cream cheese
1/2 cup vegan butter (1 stick)
4 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup soy creamer (or coconut milk)
pinch of vanilla bean granules or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
dash of cinnamon
decorations: orange sugar sprinkles, green “pumpkin leaf”sugar ball accents, muffin liners, Halloween characters (mine are from a Halloween cupcake decoration kit)
1. Using a hand beater, mix the frosting together until fluffy. Place in fridge to chill.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degree and line cupcake tins with liners. Or grease.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine the dry cupcake ingredients. Gently mix or stir in the liquid ingredients. Mix until well combined. The pumpkin should make the batter nice and thick – yet still wet enough to spoon into muffin cups.
4. Bake cupcakes for about 20 minutes.
5. Cool cupcakes completely before piping icing on top.
6. Add frosting to a large plastic bag and cut a small hole in the corner – pipe into a swirl on top of the cupcakes (or use a pastry bag for icing).
7. Add the orange sugar sprinkles and green “pumpkin leaf” accents on top. Add Halloween characters.