Can’t decide on dessert? My Pumpkin Pie Apple Crisp should satisfy your fall dessert cravings – all in one cozy crisp dish. Creamy spiced pumpkin butter meets fresh sliced apples layered on top of a cinnamon graham crust – all mingling with a crisp oat, brown sugar, buttery top crust. If you simply can’t decide to make pumpkin pie or apple pie this weekend – try making both! Vegan recipe..
Breakfast Leftovers into Dessert Bliss. I actually made this crisp with my leftover ingredients from my Pumpkin Pie Tart recipe. I had plenty of leftover Pumpkin Butter and a few shreds of leftover pie crust pastry. So I added in some apple, oats, brown sugar and a hint more vegan butter and this crisp was born. It was amazing!
So what do you get when you combine the two most beloved fall season dessert recipes, aka the Pumpkin Pie and Apple Pie/Crisp? An amazingly cozy, delicious, complex dessert that will bring a big smile to your face.
Pumpkin Pie Apple Crisp
vegan, makes one 9″ round crisp
2 cups pumpkin butter *use the recipe in this post
4 cups sliced apples, skin on (about 2 large apples)
2 Tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cinnamon
bottom layer: 1 1/2 cups crumbled cinnamon grahams + 1 Tbsp vegan butter (melted)
about 1 cup of pie crust dough – enough to cover 3/4 of the tart
*use pie crust recipe in this post
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vegan butter
1/2 cup rolled oats
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Blend your grahams into a fine powder. Slice apples. Set aside.
3. Grease a 9″ cake pan – or any tart pan about this size will work.
4. Add your grahams to the bottom of the pan – drizzle vegan butter over top. Pat down evenly.
5. In a large mixing bowl fold together your filling ingredients. Fold well. Pour filling over top the graham crust.
6. Add the pie crust, brown sugar, oats and vegan butter bits to top layer – a rustic rough application is fine since this is a crisp.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
Cool for at least an hour if serving warm. Cool for a few more hours in fridge if serving chilled. Delicious both ways!