The top of these tasty little bars is a bite of pure, pumpkin pie heaven. Soft, spicy pumpkin is swirled with cream cheese for a truly classic Thanksgiving dessert flavor. The crust of these easy-to-make bars is just as classic–it’s chocolate chip cookie dough and, when combined with the pumpking flavor, it’s splendid. If you’ve been tasked with the difficult job of making a thanksgiving treat large enough to feed a crowd, you can’t go wrong with this unique combination of favorite flavors. Better yet, this recipe is so simple to make, and yeilds about 15 servings.
Pumpkin Cheesecake Swirl Bars
- 2 tubes of Nestle chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 (15 oz.) cans pumpkin puree
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 7 eggs
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) Press cookie dough into the botton of a lightly greased 9×11″ pan.
2) In a large bowl, beat together pumpkin puree, 1 1/2 cups sugar, spice, and 5 eggs until well mixed. Plop the the spoonful over chocolate chop crust, leaving some room for the cream cheese mixture to touch small sections of the crust.
3) In a small bowl, beat together the 2 remaining eggs, 1/2 cup of sugar, cream cheese, and vanilla. Drop spoonfuls of the mixture atop the pumpkin mixture. Swirl the two mixtures together slightly with a knife.
4) Bake in an oven preheated to 400 degrees for 45-50 minutes, or until the center of the pie bars has set firmly.
5) Cool completely before cutting into squares. Garnish with a sprinkling of mini chocolate chips, if desired.