Quinoa is an ancient grain and is considered a superfood. If that is the case, I want to eat it first thing in the morning to help my day GO! I have paired it with fresh fruit and a honey yogurt for sublime results. The morning parfait is full of protein and gives me a good amount of energy to start my work day. I decided to give it the name “parfait”, since that means “perfect’ in French. Enjoy it first thing in the morning, or as an evening snack.
Quinoa Yogurt Berry Parfait 1 of 9
This simple parfait can made the day before and placed in the fridge for a quick hearty breakfast in the morning.
Uncooked Quinoa 2 of 9
Measure out the ancient grain, and cook according to directions.
Drain 3 of 9
Drain quinoa into a strainer and run under cold water. Allow to drain completely.
Empty Glass 4 of 9
Start with a empty glass, I like to use a mason jar, then add a lid to it at the end for easy storage.
Quinoa Layer 5 of 9
Start with a heaping tablespoon of quinoa on the bottom of the glass.
Add Yogurt 6 of 9
Pour yogurt over the quinoa for a second layer.
Berry Berry Layer 7 of 9
Next add a layer of berries. Then drizzle with honey.
Repeat The Process 8 of 9
Repeat the process again with quinoa, yogurt, and berries.
Enjoy! 9 of 9
Enjoy right then and there, or place in the fridge overnight and enjoy in the morning or as an afternoon snack.
Ingredients for quinoa yogurt berry parfait:
- 1 – cup water
- 1/2 – cup uncooked quinoa
- 32 – ounce honey or vanilla low fat yogurt
- 20 – strawberries (cut into 4’s)
- 1/2 – cup blueberries
- 1/2 – cup raspberries
- 2 – tablespoons honey
- In a small pot over a high flame add water and quinoa. Allow the mixture to come to a rolling boil. Then cover with a lid and lower the flame down to a simmer. Cook for 15 minutes.
- Drain quinoa out of pot and into a strainer. Rinse under cold water to bring to room temperature. Allow to drain completely.
- Take 4 cups and place a heaping tablespoon of quinoa at the bottom of each cup.
- Top with 1/4 cup of yogurt, in each cup.
- Add a sprinkle of berries into each cup.
- Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon honey on top of the berries.
- Repeat the process till all cups are filled with quinoa, yogurt, and berries.
- Cover and place in the fridge over night.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.