If you’re craving pizza, but trying to only eat healthy (us ALL THE TIME) we have the solution for you: Rainbow Cauliflower Pizza. This *gluten-free (and vegetarian) recipe replaces traditional dough with a cauliflower crust that isn’t just healthy, but also really tasty. All of the spices in the crust make it so flavorful that you forget it’s made out of a veggie! Top it off with marinara, cheese, and a rainbow of veggies.
*Note: as some pre-packaged shredded cheese contains gluten, be sure to check the label.
Rainbow Cauliflower Pizza
Makes: 8-12 servings
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 5 tablespoons marinara sauce (topping)
- 1/2 cup mozzarella
- Orange bell peppers, diced
- Red onion, diced
- Tomatoes, diced
- Preheat oven to 500 F.
- For the cauliflower crust: remove stems from the cauliflower and cut into small florets.
- Place cauliflower in a food processor and pulse until it resembles the texture of rice. (Be sure not to overfill the food processor. If all won’t fit, process half at a time.)
- Microwave the processed cauliflower, uncovered in a microwave-safe bowl, for 5 minutes on high. Let cool for 5-10 minutes.
- After the cauliflower is slightly cooled, place into a cheesecloth and squeeze all the liquid out of the cauliflower.
- Combine the cooked cauliflower, cheese, egg, salt, garlic powder, rosemary, and Italian seasonings.
- Spread the cauliflower mixture in the shape of a pizza onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the crust for 16 minutes.
- Top with marinara sauce, mozzarella, corn, edamame, bell pepper, red onion, and tomatoes. Bake for another 12 minutes.