Throwing a casual kids birthday here in NYC is not always easy. We want to do something outside so we’ll be setting up in a local park. That also means that our party needs to be portable, though we still want to have a great spread and fun decorations. So when I saw these rainbow fruit skewers I knew I’d hit the jackpot. Doubling as a colorful centerpiece, these gorgeous treats are easy to make and totally portable. And since they’re on a stick, there’s no fumbling around with plates and forks.
Rainbow Fruit Skewers
Makes: 12 skewers
- 12 raspberries
- 6 orange segments (from 1 large orange), cut in half
- 12 1″ chunks of pineapple
- 1 large kiwi, peeled and cut into 12 1″ chunks
- 24 large blueberries
- 12 red seedless grapes*
- Lay out 12 bamboo skewers.
- Prepare your fruit.
- Slide a raspberry to the top of the stick, next add chunks of orange, pineapple, kiwi, 2 blueberries, and a grape. Repeat for each skewer.
*Note that ripe raspberries can be soft–to secure the tops of the skewers, consider adding a grape on top as well.