Real Fruit Juice Finger JelloNicole Presley
Is it the firm jiggles or the dissolve in your mouth sweetness that makes finger jello such a hit with people of all ages? My family has been making finger jello since before I could say “boo.” Every party, every celebration, every sunday family gathering there it was. Depending on the occasion it was usually cut into squares, but when it’s party time my Auntie Rosie usually cut them into fancy shapes and placed the scraps in a big ziplock. The big ziplock was reserved for the scavenger types who would go hunting for more once all the fancy shapes were gone. Yes, that’s how I got introduced to finger jello, except my family made it with real fruit juice. Here’s the recipe….. Enjoy!
Ingredients for Real Fruit Juice Finger Jello:
- 6 – cups real fruit juice ( the choice is yours, but I use Cran-Strawberry, Pom-Blueberry, pink lemonade, grape, apple, sweetened jamaica tea, or cherry juice)
- 6 – envelopes of Knox unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 – cup sugar
- Lightly spray a 13×9 glass baking dish with non stick cooking spray. Set to the side.
- In a small sauce pan over a medium flame add 3 cups of juice and bring to a boil.
- In a large bowl add in knox gelatin and sugar mix to combine.
- Then pour the hot boiling juice over knox and sugar and mix to dissolve completely.
- Then pour the remaining 3 cups of juice into hot mixture. Mix to combine.
- Pour entire mixture into glass baking dish and refrigerate for 5 hours.
- Remove from baking dish and cut into squares or use a fancy cookie cutter to make the shape of your choice.
- Enjoy celebrating!
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.