When it comes to fries, we can’t help but give in to their crispy, yet soft and airy goodness. Although this delicious treat is a popular restaurant item, no one seems to be able to get it just right at home. Thankfully, we’re bringing you this easy recipe for perfect fries! Finish them off with sriracha mayo and you’ll never want to leave the house again.
Makes: 2 servings
- 2 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 quart water
- 2 quarts peanut (or canola) oil
- Peel potatoes then wash them. Cut them into french fry shapes.
- Stir salt and sugar into cool water and let sliced potatoes soak. Strain potatoes after soaking for 20 minutes.
- Gently boil potatoes for five minutes.
- Remove potatoes from water and let them cool.
- Fry potatoes in oil at 300 F for 3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oil and let them cool.
- Then deep fry potatoes in oil at 365 F for 1 minute.
- Remove potatoes and if desired, sprinkle additional salt on top. Enjoy!
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1/2 lime
- Pinch of paprika
- Mix mayonnaise and sriracha in a bowl. Squeeze lime and sprinkle paprika on top.