Sesame Chipotle Apple Tuna SaladNicole Presley
I’m the type of person that waits till the absolute last minute to eat something when I’m working. I just sit on my computer and plug away at the keys while my stomach gives me the constant nagging reminder that I’m hungry with a growl. It’s not until I am a complete starved, stricken maniac that I scrape myself off the desk and into the kitchen, but by that time it’s too late. I’m like a hungry bear coming out of hibernation. I don’t have the patience to prepare anything that is going to soak up more than 10 minutes of my time, yet I need my meal to be absolutely delightful to knock the underfed mean bear right out of me. Most of the time, I pick tuna salad. I make all types of different tuna salad; it just depends on what I have on hand, but if these ingredients happen to be roaming around my kitchen…. It’s very likely I will make this one, since it is my favorite. Enjoy!
Sesame Chipotle Apple Tuna Salad 1 of 7
This delicious tuna salad is my absolute favorite. I make it every time I want a perfect light dinner or lunch.
Drain Water From Can 2 of 7
I completely drain every ounce of water out of the can to make tuna as dry as possible.
Shred 3 of 7
With your fingers shred tuna.
Ingredients 4 of 7
All the ingredients are chopped and ready to be mixed.
Mixed 5 of 7
Mixed well and waiting for mayo and mustard.
Mayo And Mustard 6 of 7
Mix mayo and mustard into tuna mixture.
Apple Topper 7 of 7
Apple as a topper is optional.... or you can chop it up and add to the tuna salad.
Ingredients For Sesame Chipotle Apple Tuna Salad:
- 1 – can of tuna in water (completely drained)
- 2 – teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1/8 – cup green onion (chopped)
- 1/8 – cup carrot (grated)
- 1/8 – cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 – cup jack cheese (grated)
- 1/2 – teaspoon chipotle powder
- 1/8 – cup red onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 – pickle spear (chopped small)
- 1 – green apple (either sliced big and served on top, or cut into cubes and mixed into the salad)
- 2 – tablespoons mayo
- 1/2 – tablespoon mustard
- Wasa crisp bread (I used multi grain)
- Open can of tuna and press down on top firmly to drain all the liquid out.
- Then add tuna to a bowl and with your hands shred to make the larger chucks into flakes.
- Add sesame seeds, green onion, carrots, dried cranberries, jack cheese, chipotle powder, red onion, and pickles to the tuna bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Add mayo and mustard.
- Mix to combine.
- Top tuna salad on a a few slices of Wasa and then add sliced apple to the top.
For more recipes from Nicole Presley click over to her blog: Presley’s Pantry
Nicole loves pinning. Follow her on Pinterest.